T. Laparoscopic surgery is an operation is conducted through tiny holes in the belly without cutting it. Thin devices and a video camera are put via tiny incisions in the abdominal wall during the procedure. The surgeon performs the procedure while staring at a video screen that displays a picture from an inside-the-abdomen video camera.
Currently, gastrointestinal surgeries is treatment of obesity may be conducted utilizing limited access techniques, i.e. laparoscopic surgical approaches. Surgeons employ extremely small diameter fiber optic devices attached to a video camera during such surgeries.
What is Laparoscopic Surgery?
Laparoscopic surgeries do not require large incisions and are therefore associated with less pain, less scarring, and faster recovery. In 2000, a gastric band with the trade name MIDband was used in France, designed specifically for laparoscopic placement on the stomach. After him, other bandages appeared.
As a rule, laparoscopic surgery reduces the risk of developing incisional hernias, which are accompanied by bulging of the contents of the abdominal cavity through defects in the anterior abdominal wall caused by scar tissue. However, Laparoscopic surgeries in Dubai usually takes longer than open surgery. In addition, they are more often accompanied by complications such as violation of the integrity of the anastomosis between parts of the small intestine and between the stomach and intestines.
Experts in the field of bariatric surgery believe that as experience in laparoscopic surgery increases, the frequency of such complications will decrease. At present, a contraindication to laparoscopic bariatric surgery is super obesity.
Bariatric surgery in patients suffering from excessive obesity
For hyper obesity (BMI > 60), only one procedure can be performed laparoscopically: a two-stage sleeve gastrectomy. At the first stage of this bariatric surgery, 2/3 of the stomach is surgically removed. The remaining portion of the stomach is held together in the form of a sleeve or tube with surgical staples or sutures. The second stage, which is usually performed 8-12 months after the first, involves a gastric bypass.
What Are The Advantages of Laparoscopic Obesity Surgery?
This technique offers several advantages over standard open surgery. As a result, in all fields, open procedures are increasingly being replaced laparoscopic or endoscopic methods.
Benefits of laparoscopic surgery:
- Operations are performed without the need for a big incision, i.e. without opening the abdomen. There are no visible surgical scars on the skin. All surgeries are carried out through three tiny holes in the navel and groin. Does not leave any unsightly markings on the skin.
- Because laparoscopic procedures are conducted according to microsurgery principles, minimum damage occurs in the abdominal cavity and operating regions, and recovery is easier and faster.
- There are fewer adhesions connected with the surgery in the abdominal cavity after laparoscopy. Because open surgery causes more adhesions, laparoscopy should be suggested only to expecting mothers who are planning to have a baby. Sometimes occlusion arises as a result of adhesions that grow in the tubes during open surgery.
- Because the laparoscopic procedure allows easy access to the most difficult-to-see portions of the abdomen, the chance and success of therapy are boosted.
- Following laparoscopic procedures, the patient’s overall condition improves as pain complaints decrease. The usage of painkillers is not necessary.
- The length of stay in the hospital is shortened following laparoscopic procedures.generally released the same or the following day. The patient can get up and resume normal physical activity more quickly and easily.patient heals faster since the abdominal wall is not opened.
- The patient will be able to return to work in one week. For traditional surgeries, this phase lasts 6-7 weeks.
Obesity is a serious and deadly condition that needs the assistance of several doctors. Many patients have seen good and long-lasting improvements while under the care of our clinic team. They have regained energy, joy, self-confidence, and the capacity to live long, healthy life. Allow their triumphs to serve as an inspiration and source of support for others who are just starting down the path to transformation. We think that you will find support, optimism, and strength at our center to help you care for your healthy future