Both UK and Canada are remarkable overseas education destinations and offer high-quality training to students. This is why many foreign students prefer to complete their education in these countries. But which country should you join for your education? So, to find out the answer to this question, today we are going to compare both these amazing overseas education destinations and see which one of them is better than the other.
For doing an undergraduate program at top-notch UK universities you must possess pre-university education of 13 years. However, this rule was recently amended. As per the new rule, if you have a CBSE plus-two certificate then you can join a British university. On the other hand, if you wish to join an undergraduate program at a Canadian university then you must have got 12 years of schooling. Besides this, you may have to appear for the SAT exam to study in the country. To learn about the best Canadian universities for studying a UG program feel free to contact our study in Canada consultants in Gurgaon.
Cost of Education
If you wish to study B. tech at a British university then you will need around ₹19.5 LPA. Furthermore, you will need around ₹5.80 LPA for covering your living expenses. On the other hand, if you wish to study a UG course like B. tech in a Canadian university then you will need around ₹23 LPA. Moreover, you will need around ₹ 5.90 LPA for covering your living expenses. In a nutshell, studying at a British college/school is more affordable than studying at a Canadian school/college.
If you wish to study in the UK full time then you must have a Tier 4 study visa. Here are the things that you must know about the Tier 4 study visa:
- Students must join a full-time course to apply for the visa
- If you join a diploma course then you will get a visa for three years only
- If you join a degree program then you will get a visa for four years only
- You will have to pay around £348 to get a Tier 4 student visa
- You may have to appear for a personal interview to get the visa
- Depending on your case you may or may not get a chance to work part-time in the country during your studies
On the other hand, if you wish to study at a Canadian school/college then you will need to apply for a Canadian study permit. Here are the things that you must know about the study permit:
- To get a study visa you will have to go through a compulsory medical test
- If you wish to get a post-graduation work permit then you will have to apply for it within 90 days of completion of your program/course
- You will have to pay around $150 for the study permit
- You can work part-time in the country with a Canadian study permit.
Due to recent amendments in the legal policies of the UK getting PR of the country has become very difficult. Moreover, the government is also taking strict measures to delist bogus/fake universities to reduce non-EU migration. Furthermore, if you stay in the country on a student visa after studies then you will have to return to your home country. On the other hand, getting Canadian PR is not that difficult. Once you complete your studies you can apply for PR in the country during the post-graduation work period. For this, you will have to apply for PR under the Canadian Experience Class. To learn about the PR rules of the UK in more detail feel free to contact our UK study visa consultants in Gurgaon.
Now you are aware of all the things that you need to know about both these exemplary overseas study destinations. So, do consider all these things before you travel to UK and Canada any of these overseas education destinations for your education. But overall, Canada appears to be a better option than the UK, and studying at British colleges can be very beneficial for you.