ASQ certification for Six Sigma states that an individual has completed the necessary training and testing to be awarded ASQ Six Sigma Professionally.
Learning Sigma Six certification can be a daunting task. Have you been in business for a while and want to take your skills to the next level? Do you want to start a new, higher-paying career as a Quality Professional? This post will show you everything you need to know about how Six Sigma works.
There are some questions that you need to ask yourself. This question should help you understand everything about a six sigma ASQ certification.
What is a Six Sigma certification?
For those who are not familiar with the Six Sigma process, Six Sigma ASQ is a project management methodology that focuses on continuous improvement. Motorola developed it in 1986. The goal of this methodology is to identify processes with high variation and reduce that variation to improve efficiency.
What are the rankings for a six-sigma belt?
The Six Sigma belt certification is rank by ability, not level. There is no distinction between Associate and Fellow. The belt is mark out at each ability on the coat, as seen below per the American Society for Quality.
- White belt- The novice who lacks experience in the basic knowledge and skills required to understand the fundamental information on Six Sigma and how it can apply to them.
- Yellow belt- The Six Sigma consultant who is willing to understand and analyze their current processes can identify improvements in their process. They have a clear understanding of how it applies to them but have some gaps or confusion on project management.
- Green Belt- Six Sigma Green belt certification is a crucial because they begin to understand that a complete understanding needs more preparation and experience, they are able to analyze data, collect information and report findings, and they also have a good understanding of how it is applied to them, but still have some gaps regarding the project management.
- Black Belt- This Black Belt already has some experience working with projects and is well verse in project management. They can work with a team to analyze how Six Sigma can improve their processes and how it could be apply.
- Master Black Belt- They have worked as a consultant for at least two years and can teach the basics of Six Sigma, help other consultants to improve, and bring up their experience on their own. This position requires a lot of knowledge to give the best results.
An ASQ Six Sigma certification Examination
To attain a certification, each participant is require to pass the exam. It is made up of multiple-choice questions which weigh your understanding of the body knowledge.
Computer Delivered- This CSSBB examination consists of 165 questions in English only. Of the 165 questions, 15 are unscored, while 150 are scored. The total period for the exam is 4 hours and 18 minutes.
Paper and Pencil- The CSSBB exam is a one-part. Offered within a period of 4 hours and constituting 150 questions
All the examinations give room for the candidates to use reference materials. Therefore, each candidate should bring their reference material and calculators.
How many projects does it take to become a Six Sigma ASQ certified person?
At least one Six sigma project is required if you will need to get an ASQ certification.
Why become an ASQ-certified Six Sigma certified Professional?
- ASQ allows you to learn Six Sigma certification is recognized and respected by institutions globally.
- ASQ is a global body of Quantity Professionals with more than 150years of experience in history
- ASQ is the largest and the most reputed organization in the world
- According to ASQ’s constant research on Salaries, it is estimate that ASQ-certified professionals earn 15-20% CTC higher than other professionals not certified by ASQ.
A lot goes into successfully completing a Six Sigma project, and the result is always permanent, tangible results. If you are in a career that relies on precision and wants to move up the ladder, or if you’re looking for a more lucrative way to engage your analytic brain, then ASQ certification will help you achieve your goals.