BOD Incubator is often used in industrial settings to provide an isolated chamber at a temperature of 20 degrees Celsius. Biochemical Oxygen Demand, also known as Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD), is the amount of oxygen that is required or demanded by aerobic microorganisms in order to decompose the organic matter that is present in a particular sample of water at a particular temperature and for a certain amount of time. This process takes place at a particular temperature and for the allotted amount of time.
What means biochemical oxygen demand?
There is a specific quantity of oxygen that is dissolved in water, and aquatic life is reliant on this oxygen for the fulfillment of its respiratory requirements. When there is organic stuff in the water body, aerobic microorganisms use the dissolved oxygen in the water to break down the organic material, which results in a decrease in the amount of oxygen that is available for aquatic life to utilise.
Either the photosynthesis that takes place in aquatic plants results in the production of molecular oxygen, or the water itself dissolves atmospheric oxygen, resulting in the presence of molecular oxygen. The BOD of a body of water or a sample of water may be used to determine how contaminated the water is. A rise in organic matter may be caused by environmental variables; however, the majority of cases may be attributed to manmade sources such as pollution. The biological oxygen demand (BOD) is an indicator that is used to measure the quality of water. In order to effectively manage water quality, it is necessary to identify the types of organic matter that are present in a body of water, as well as the effects these types of organic matter have on the ecology and the aesthetics of the water body.
The materials used to make these products that Bod incubator manufacturers India provide for their clients and the many sectors that they serve are of the highest possible quality. The terms “biochemical oxygen demand” and “biological oxygen demand” refer to these types of incubators.
Importance of having a BOD incubator
The relevance of biochemical oxygen demand may be seen in many different domains. The following are:
- The relevance of BOD really shines through in wastewater treatment facilities. It provides information on the rates of respiration for sewage, sludge, soil, and rubbish.
- The pace at which living things breathe is controlled by this factor.
- Inorganic compounds may have their COD, or chemical oxygen demand, determined by measuring their BOD.
- It provides an indication of the possibility for pollution in water.
- In the fields of medicine and pharmaceuticals, the BOD is a measurement tool used to determine how much oxygen is used by cell cultures.
- In research facilities, BOD incubators are also used for the research of germination, insect rearing, and bacterial cultivation.
- The use of an incubator may lessen the risk of subsequent infections as well as the spread of germs. Incubators provide a safe environment in which observations may be made, which is another benefit.
- The BOD Incubators are even used for the testing as well as the storage of delicate cultures. In addition to this, it is used in the production of vaccines and pathogenic microorganisms.
BOD incubator Principle
- The MCB channels are responsible for supplying the power. A digital PID temperature controller has a temperature setting that is generally constant at 20 degrees Celsius.
- The machine is maintained operational for a total of five days. After the temperature has been stabilized, the cooling system will begin to operate.
- An axial fan is used to circulate air across the inside of the container. The PID controller receives input from the temperature sensor, which it uses to determine the current temperature. The PID controller then maintains the predetermined temperature for the desired amount of time.
The BOD Incubator is used in the process of testing samples at predetermined temperatures. The finest Bod incubator manufacturers india has the greatest selling base of any company in its industry. They are one of the most successful producers of bod incubators in India.Their best quality machines are also used for research on things like plant life, serum incubation studies, immunological testing, and chemical analysis, among other things.