Erectile dysfunction (ED) affects men of every age and walk of life. Hitting a rough patch and having trouble with erections is normal and happens to everyone but dangerous when it becomes a routine. ED problems are not new and are quite common. ED is rarely spoken about because men are uncomfortable sharing their sexual problems. Though it is understandably private, fighting with it alone is not a good idea. ED treatment is possible; you do not have to live with it for your entire life. Now, you might ask, but how long does erectile dysfunction recovery take? The answer to the question is not a defined timeline, and we will find out more about it ahead.
Erectile dysfunction – Causes
Erectile dysfunction can happen due to multiple reasons. The reasons could vary, and at times more than one factor is responsible for weaker erections.
ED problems need specific care and attention. Do not neglect the issue and take the necessary help. The various causes are:
The reasons behind erectile dysfunction could be physical or psychological, as described below:
- Physical causes
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Increased blood pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Autoimmune disorders
- Neurological disorders like
- Weak pelvic muscles
- Psychological causes
- Relationship issues
Thus, Ed can happen due to any of the causes mentioned above.
How Long Would Erectile Dysfunction Recovery Take?
The response to this question lies in the cause of the ED problem, and finding the exact cause decides the ED treatment and the time taken. If the ED is due to the side effects of prescription medicine, you can expect to see improvement once you stop the medication.
In the same way, if it is due to a chronic disease, the underlying condition’s treatment will also improve erectile dysfunction.
For psychological issues, therapy is generally recommended. The time taken would depend on the severity of the mental illness.
The treatment protocols used by a sexologist can be medicines, injections, vacuum pumps, penile implants, or shockwave therapy. The treatment protocol would also depend on the severity and cause of the sexual dysfunction. You can expect a firm erection as soon as you take the prescribed pill. So, does it mean recovery? It is an aid for the time being, and treating the underlying cause will help you naturally attain firm erections.
Therefore, how long erectile dysfunction recovery takes cannot have an exact answer.
How Can You Speed Up Your Recovery?
A sexologist will advise you to amend your lifestyle with the treatment provided. Tweaking your lifestyle can help put a halt to chronic diseases and will make you fitter. A healthy body and mind are provisions for leading a healthy sex life.
Let’s give a glance at the lifestyle changes you should adopt today.
- Maintain weight – Keep your weight in check for healthy sex life. Obesity is linked to several problems and erectile dysfunction is one of them.
- Eat right – Incorporate whole and fresh foods into the diet. Prepare most meals with fresh ingredients at home to have the healthiest versions. Curb the use of packaged food and takeouts.
- Alcohol – Excessive alcohol consumption can slow down the nervous system and is a known reason for ED. Moderation is the key here.
- Smoking – You have to quit smoking to minimize the effect on your sex life. You know it causes cancer but is also responsible for erectile dysfunction.
- Stress – Stress is an inevitable part of everyone’s life but needs attention. Higher levels of stress can affect your sex life. Extreme stress can also exhibit physical symptoms in the form of erectile dysfunction.
- Exercise – Working out should be a part of your routine, just like eating is. Moving your body is essential to stay fit. Brisk walking for forty minutes can also help improve erectile dysfunction. Please do what you like the most, but make it your routine.
- Sedentary lifestyle – Inactive lifestyle is the biggest reason behind all health issues. Do not sit in one place for hours straight. Focus on taking frequent breaks to move around while at work.
These are some key points you need to take care of. These habits will not only give you healthy sex life but also improve your overall health.
It might help you answer how long erectile dysfunction recovery take. The ED problem is nothing to be ashamed of. Take the help of an expert to find the exact cause and the perfect treatment plan. Ed treatment is possible with the help of a sexologist. Consult the best sexologists at Dr. Arora Men’s Wellness Clinic.