Friendship Peak Trek is a well-known tourist destination in the Himalayan region. This summit is located within the Pir Panjal range, which is at an altitude of 5,289m. Therefore, from the summit of friendship, you will also enjoy a great perspective of the Pir Panjal range.
This is an extremely difficult journey in Himachal. Along the way, you’ll be able to discover the splendour that is the Solang valley and the alpine meadows. thick forests , with a range of fauna and flora, gorgeous orchards, and tiny streams.
- The most popular attraction of the Friendship Peak Trek is the ancient Hadimba temple.This temple is located in Manali. It also has a hot water spring as well as the gorgeous Naggar Roerich Art Gallery. This mountain is situated within the Beas Kund region.
- If you’re looking to climb this peak, you must travel through lush greenery, mountains, glaciers and rocks. This area offers a stunning panorama of snow-covered peaks.These mountains are known as Friendship peaks. The entire trek begins with Manali.
- The ideal time to do this trek is during mid-June through mid-October. From June to July, The temperature in the afternoon is 13 to 20 degrees Celsius and in the evening and at night , it could be as low as 2 to 5 degrees Celsius.
- From September to October, the temperature in the afternoon can range from 12 to 19 degrees Celsius and in the evening and night it can be as low as -5 degrees to 4 degrees celsius.
- The base for the hike is Manali. It is a strenuous one. The path is quite steep. It is also possible to train oneself. Before you embark on this trek, running 3 kms every day is very beneficial to prepare for your hike. It is also possible to stretch, warm up etc.
You can also make plans for Pawna Lake.
How To Reach At Manali:
There isn’t a direct rail connection in Manali.You have to take broad gauge trains that go to Pathankot from which narrow gauge trains take the passengers up to Joginder Nagar.You have to travel from Joginder Nagar to Manali by roads. The total distance is 175 kilometres. The Kalka and Shimla railroad is a narrow gauge train route.
The nearest airport Bhunter which is situated at NH-3.This airport is located 50 km away from Manali.The Air India is a regular flight that connects Manali airport via New Delhi.From this airport , you can catch a bus, or book taxis in order to reach Manali city.
Manali is connected by roads such as Delhi, Chandigarh, Haridwara, Shimla, Dehradun, Dharamsala etc.From Delhi you can take the NH-22 to Chandigarh.Chandigarh to Manali is 310 kilometres.The total distance from Delhi to manali is 570 kilometres. Semi-deluxe, deluxe Volvo, AC buses are accessible on this route.Shimla is located 260 km to here.Manali up to Rohtang Pass is only 51 km.
The first day, you must start your journey at Manali.Manali from Dhundi is just a one-hour trip. On the way you can take a trip through the beautiful Solang valley. Once you reach Dhundi you must trek toward Bakarthach. Bakarthach is the very first campsite on the Friendship trek. This trek is also referred to as Bakarthach.
On the second day , you have to begin your journey beginning from Bakarthach towards camp 1.This is also known by”the “Lady Leg”.First you have to go toward Beas Kund. Beas Kund. The trek is incredible. After that, you must walk towards”Lady Leg “Lady Leg”. The final section is steep.Here when you reach camp 1, you must practice the walk to acclimatize. Bakarthach from camp 1 takes seven-hour walking.
You can remain at the camp and train for climbing. The practice of 3-4 hours should suffice. When you’re done you can rest in the campsite. From the camp, you can look out over the mountain.
The first thing in the morning, you will need to make your way towards to the Friendship Peak summit.This is a long day.It takes anywhere from 7 to 8 hours to get to the summit. It takes between 15 and 20 minutes on the summit before returning to the camp.
Begin your trek downhill following the top of Friendship peak.Then you’ll need to stay at Bakarthach. This is where you can revel in the victory.
From there, you’ll return to Manali from the point where your trek is over.
Things To Carry:
- Trekking shoe, trekking Pole
- A pair of t-shirts that dry quickly.
- Trek Pants.
- Pair of Socks.
- Lip balm, sunscreen, moistuiriser
- Basic First Aid and Medicines kit.
- Water Bottle.
- Gloves, Sunglasses.
- Camera phone power bank, additional batteries.